The 10 Rep Rule & Building Mastery
How do you know if you should stick with a habit or let it go? I've found that 10 "reps" is the right amount to get a feel... but nowhere near enough to build mastery. But there is a reliable path to growth 💯 Here's how!
- 10 reps to get a feel
- 100 reps to build momentum
- 1000 reps to mastery
There's a simple path to follow to the mountain-top of mastery. Trying a new thing 10 times gives you enough quantitative data to pair with your qualitative feelings about if you want to continue. By the time you've done it 100 times there's real momentum and it's a strong habit. Do it 1,000 times and you're well on your way to mastery.
- Check out the Connect the Dots YouTube channel
- Watch the best clips from Connect the Dots
- Get the 3 Keys of Productivity worksheet & training
- Sign up for Daily Productivity Tips at MattRagland.com/Daily
Get the Connect the Dots Weekly Newsletter
Each week I write a short essay that helps you build mental models, eliminate distraction, and focus on what matters to you.